1114 AE Amsterdam-Duivendrecht
T. +31 (0)20-7602200
At Emesa you have the chance to work on our own E-commerce websites. Emesa (VakantieVeilingen.nl) is looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced developer to join our customer-facing team and help bringing our sites to the next level. We are tackling the challenging high-volume world of real-time auctions. We have high ambitions to scale and expand, and we need you to be the driver of it from front-end perspective.
What will you be doing?
● As a Front-end Developer at Emesa you will make sure that our front-ends will perform even more, and you will build new killer features;
● You will develop new front-end functionalities according to business requirements;
● We expect you to come up with the technical requirements yourself in collaboration with the team;
● You will have a key role, together with the team, in improving the current front-ends (mobile site for tablet and mobile and normal website) of the auction system, the mobile app and the API;
● You will discuss solutions and challenges with other teams (like data warehouse, ops, system administrators, hardcore backend and API development);
● Every two months you can enjoy taking part in the Emesa Labs Hackathon where you can prototype your own ideas and experiments.
How will you be doing this?
● You are an all-rounder in the Front-end Scrum team. You will have your own specialisation, but you will also be able to support all other tasks within the team;
● You will explain why a solution is the right solution, instead of just adding another library or framework. You are able to mentor less experienced team members;
● You will work together with other developers with different levels of experience to meet the ambitious projects and deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience
● University/bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics;
● Minimum of three years experience in a similar position – or just an impressive track record/portfolio;
● At least three years experience working in an agile team;
● Five or more years of front-end development experience;
● Several years of experience with: PHP and MySQL on a clustered LAMP platform, performance aware programming, Memcached and MVC frameworks;
● You have rudimentary knowledge of CSS preprocessors, REST, git (GitHub), SOLR (optional) and/or NodeJS (optional);
● You aim for high quality of code and understand the importance of achieving high performance in front-end code;
● Capable of defining new features/processes, based on business and technical requirements;
● Handling code reviews, criticism and adjusting to different coding styles and standards;
● Fluent in English; written and verbally;
● Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical co-workers.
What can you expect from us?
● An excellent salary and pension plan;
● Lots of room for your own creativity;
● A phenomenal atmosphere in the office, including every-friday office drinks and legendary Emesa parties;
● Compensation of travelling-expenses.
Are you interested?Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check the Emesa company website and our labels Vakantieveilingen.nl, Vakantieveilingen.be, Actievandedag.nl, Actievandedag.be, Vavabid.be and Vavabid.fr
Developing yourself in our Academy.
Working out with your colleagues.
Having breakfast with our CEO.
Listening to inspiring e-commerce stories.
Contributing to innovative e-commerce initiatives.
Awesome parties and drinks.