1114 AE Amsterdam-Duivendrecht
T. +31 (0)20-7602200
At Emesa you have the chance to work on our own E-commerce websites. Emesa (VakantieVeilingen.nl) is looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced developer to join one of our teams and help bringing our sites to the next level. We are tackling the challenging high-volume world of real-time auctions. We have high ambitions to scale and expand, and we need you to be the driver of it from the backend perspective.
What will you be doing?
● As a Senior PHP backend developer at Emesa you will make sure that our applications are performant, secure, stable and will remain so for the benefit of our customers and internal stakeholders.
● You will develop new backend functionalities according to business requirements.
● We expect you to come up with the technical requirements yourself in collaboration with the team.
● You will have a key role, together with the team, in improving the current backend of the auction system, CRM, API, Frontend and connected systems.
● We use continuous integration; you will perform code reviews for your team and other teams and your code will be reviewed as well, of course.
● Every two months you can take part in the Emesa Labs Hackathon where you can prototype your own ideas and experiments.
● During Emesa Talks you learn from the experience of your fellow colleagues and can present technical topics yourself for a skilled audience.
How will you be doing this?
● You are a PHP specialist in the backend Scrum team, but you know your way around in general web development.
● You will explain why a solution is the right solution, instead of just adding another library, bundle, module or framework. You support decision making in the team.
● You will work together with other developers with different levels of experience to meet the ambitious projects and deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience
● University/bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mathematics.
● Minimum of two years experience in a similar position – or just an impressive track record/portfolio.
● At least two years experience working in an agile team.
● You are familiar with PHP MVC frameworks like Zend, Symfony and/or Laravel (any version).
● You have basic knowledge or want to learn about git or similar SCM systems, Linux and shell scripting, SOLR, NodeJS and designing of REST based API’s.
● You love to write and optimize code and solving difficult problems.
● Capable of defining new features/processes, based on business and technical requirements.
● Handling code reviews, criticism and adjusting to different coding styles and standards.
● Fluent in English; written and verbally.
● Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical co-workers.
Are you interested?
Would you like to join our team? Please apply online via the button below. For more information check the Emesa company website and our labels Vakantieveilingen.nl, Vakantieveilingen.be, Actievandedag.nl, Actievandedag.be, Vavabid.be and Vavabid.fr
Developing yourself in our Academy.
Working out with your colleagues.
Having breakfast with our CEO.
Listening to inspiring e-commerce stories.
Contributing to innovative e-commerce initiatives.
Awesome parties and drinks.